Former Eagle’s Captain John Mikel Obi’s professional career began with the local team, Plateau United, before joining the Norwegian team, Lyn, at the age of 17 in 2004, then transferred two years later to Chelsea.
He won the Champions League and several other trophies playing with Chelsea, then agreed to join Tianjin TEDA in China in 2017, then moved to England in 2019, then joined Middlesbrough again, finally transferring to Trazonspor, He finally went back to England to join Stoke City.
With an approximate net worth of $57 million, Mikel Obi is known as one of the wealthiest footballers in Africa.
Here are some of his achievement;
- He gets income from not only his sporting activities, but also from doing business with famous companies like Samsung and Pepsi.
- In 2017, he was named the richest footballer in Nigeria.
- His net worth is estimated to be about $57m, some sources even claim the correct amount is $70m.
- He earned $6m annually when he was with chelsea
- Mikel does not talk about how much he makes in a week, but this is not so difficult to figure; going by rumors, he made between $75,000 – $110,000 weekly when with chelsea. This estimate was made according to information journalists gathered from interviews, websites and other sources.
Mikel has been a very successful man worthy of owning a luxurious home in London due to several years of playing for Chelsea FC.