Nollywood actress Elizabeth Omowunmi Tekovi Da-Silva popularly known as Liz Da-Silva has shown her versatility in her work and a passion that has shown that no matter the age you start, you will be recognized as a talent.
Though she appears mostly in Yoruba movies, she is one to look out for.
These are the 10 things you didn’t about the beautiful Nollywood actress
1. She was born June 10th, 1978 in Obalende to Togolese parents.
2. Her parents were separated and her mother died before she started acting.
3. She proceeded to Lagos state university (LASU) to further her education after her secondary school.
4. She started acting in 2004.
5. She was introduced into the industry by Iyabo Ojo to Muka Ray who she claims has been her mentor.
6.Da-Silva named Bukky Wright as her role model in the Nigerian Yoruba movie industry and stated that she had influenced her acting style significantly.
7. She released her own movie “MAMA INSURANCE” in 2012, a movie that featured the likes of Lanre Hassan, Ayo Mogaji, Iyabo Ojo, Ronke Ojo, Doris Simon and many others.
8.She is not married, but she has a son from a past relationship.
9.Da-Silva In 2013 converted from Christianity to Islam. She claimed the swap of religion was because of her son whom she named Raheem.
10. She runs an annual event “Ankara day” which is used to promote Africa unity and also to help the less privileged through donations.